Finally, after nearly 20 years, the Trackers have been published. Sort of. I had always dreamed of doing a comic book and having it published. When I was 13 years old, I actually sat down and wrote and drew an entire issue. Actually, I plotted out about 10-12 issues with several running sublots that would all come to some resolution by the end of the big story line. The book was going to be a cross between the X-men and Lord of the Rings. The misunderstood heroes were all components to an Ancient Prophecy involving the Jersey Devil (who would be revealed to a much more ancient villian). Myzoran had been fighting the Jersey Devil for thousands of years and would need to put together a team to finally defeat this great evil once and for all. I am not sure, but I do not think a super hero book had ever, as its main focus, done the whole prophesy story line. I think it would have been cool. Cybex would continue to go mad and create other villians to plague the Trackers. Both Cougar and Chem-X were both on the run from secret military programs (a favorite comic book plot device, especially in the '80's) and would have to condend with H.E.R.O (Heroic Enforcement and Reconasance Operations). Soo Kim, sometimes called Cutlass, would turn out to be Myzoran's great-great-great-etc. grand daughter and have to battle for control with her ancestors over her mystic blade since she was the first women to ever wield it. Golden Eagle, aka Lynn Miller, was not human but an artifact made flesh. Her (its) whole reason of being was to destroy the Jersey Devil. And there was one other character (I never really named him) that would join the team later on and he would play a key role in the major storyline. Ah, the memories. I have found the second issue, so maybe that will be colorized and find its way here in the not so distant future.
Now, with the advent of blogging and incredible ease that these sites allow, I am now able to share these pages. As always, your comments are encouraged. Please just remember I was only a lad of 13 summers when I penned this book. I hope you enjoy.
1 comment:
The "Trackers" may be my favorite Kearns. I especially like that you had only 13 Name Days while creating it. The name and concept are so clever! There is one character that looks almost Borg-like. I thought your creativity was impressive BEFORE I saw "Trackers" and now I realize you were a genius even at an early age!
Post a Comment